Paneer Butter Massala is yummy and rich creamy curry. Kasuri Methi adds aroma and flavor to this dish. Its one of my favorite Paneer curry and love to cook it when its raining outside. It brings back rainy days memories from home..Enjoy it hot with Ajwain Paratha. :)
- Paneer /Cottage cheese - 2 cups of cubes
- Onion - 1 medium-size, chopped fine
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Dhania powder/Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric/ Haldi- 1/2 tsp
- Tomato paste- 1 tbsp (or 1 tomato, pureed)
- Tomato sauce/ketchup - almost 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves - 1 generous pinch
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Cream - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the paneer cubes until golden brown.
2. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
4. Next, add the dhania powder, garam masala,turmeric, red chilli powder and some salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
5. To this, add the tomato paste/puree, tomato sauce and kasuri methi. Mix well and add the milk.
6. On a low flame cook covered for 5 mins.
7.Lastly add the fried paneer and the cream. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if you have any:P