Gooey and chocolaty.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Gooey and chocolaty.
Thursday, June 20, 2013
I know it is summer but some combinations are like Jodi made in heaven. Black and white is one among them. I have been using black and white plates, bowls and cups in so many of food photographs. You can see here, here and here. Black and white is such a “wow” combination.
I love spicy food, the spicier the better. I tried so many pickles here in London (in vain) to satisfy my spicy tongue ;) but couldn't find the right one; until I laid my eyes on Patak’s pickle. I find this pickle irresistible. You can buy it from here.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Methi theplas are very easy to make and do need lots of preparation. The bitter taste of methi is what makes these Indian breads so special and unique. Trust me, just roll them up and enjoy with tea, chutney or pickle of your choice.
Monday, June 10, 2013
Heat oil in a pan.
Then mix in of cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
Add fennel seeds and mix.
Mix in half a glass of water.
Add chopped raw mango
Add turmeric powder.
Mix in coriander powder.
Add red chilli powder.
Finally add sugar and mix well.
Cover with lid and let it cook for 5-8 minutes or till mangoes become soft and mushy.
Notes: Sugar and red chilli powder can be increased or decrease as per ones's taste.
This taste better when cold. Serve with parathas.
Taste: Tangy, sweet and spicy
Thursday, June 6, 2013
- Cook with anything yellow. Yellow ingredient must be the main one and not just used in garnishing.
- Looking for fresh entries thus try out new recipes. So, no archived posts will be entertained. Your post has to between June- August 2013.
- Multiple entries are welcome and appreciated.
- The event has to be linked back as Cook Yellow Event announced at Merry Tummy. (Compulsory)
- Usage of logo is optional but I would be happy if you could use it, as it helps spread word.
- You have to like Merry Tummy's Facebook Page and Follow Merry Tummy. (Compulsory)
- Only after your first entry, share Merry Tummy's facebook page. In the comments section tag 5 friends and say that you like Merry Tummy. Keep your this post public in Facebook so that I can see it.(Compulsory- have to do only once)
- Please use the linky tool to link your recipes below. (Mention the name of the dish you make and not your name.)
- Else Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Cook With Yellow and with the following details:
- Your Name
- Recipe Name
- Blog Name
- Recipe URL (Please send the Recipe URL and not the blog URL)
- Pic of the recipe (If it is not on the blog)
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate. Just send me the recipe details with a click of the recipe to the above mentioned email.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Do not leave the filling for too long as the salt will leave water and parathas will be difficult to stuff.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Kanda means onion and that is what makes poha special in taste. Compared to most other Maharashtrian breakfast , poha is a relatively light dish made with roasted chillies, onions, mustard seeds and curry leaves A dash of squeezed lime gives enough moisture to dry poha and balances the taste as well.
If you ever go to Mumbai, breakfast like a Mumbaikar. Mumbai is quiet in the morning and the food is fresh ;). For classic poha-try, Hotel Vinay, Jawahar Mansion. I know I got carried away! Moving to the recipe.
Onion/pyaz/kanda : 1 large (finely chopped)
Green Chilies/hari mirch : 2 or to your spice tolerance (Slit lengthwise)
Peanuts/moongfali : 1/4 cup
Asafoetida Powder /hing: 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds /rai/sarso: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder/ haldi: 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar /chini: 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves/kadi patta : few
Cilantro /Coriander Leaves/dhaniya : · Few sprigs
Cooking Oil/tel : 2 tsp (I used coconut oil)
Salt to taste
Lemon juice/nimbu ras-1 tablespoon
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Priya from Yummy Foods. She has won Sanjeev Kapoor Snacks and Starters. She said-I love your eggless chocolate almond cake, it is very simple and easy to make and I love chocolate cake. I like many recipes which you have posted, I really stuck with which one to choose. The black forest cake is so perfect and mouth watering and you have explained really well. My list will keep growing, so I will stop with this for now.