Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rassewale Aloo Tamatar




Rassewale Aloo Tamatar Subji. I think is cooked in all Indian houses. My mom made rassewale aloo (aloo in gravy) and the best part about her recipe was to keep it very simple and easy. I made aloo ki subji so many times but I always missed the flavours that is present in her cooking, so I rang her today and asked what was I missing; she mentioned that I must keep it very uncomplicated-no garlic, ginger and garam masala. So I made it!.....It was good but Mom is the Best!!!  :-)

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped and boiled potatoes
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1 pinch asafoetida/hing
1 whole red chilli
1/4 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
1/4 tsp red chilli powder/lal mirchi

1/2 tsp coriander powder/dhaniya powder
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 tsp oil

Method:
1. Heat oil in a kadai (wok),when oil is hot add the cumin seeds, whole red chilli and asafoetida
2. Add tomatoes and all the spices. Fry the tomatoes on high flame for about a minute
3. Add the potatoes and cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add two cups water, cover and cook on medium flame till it boils very well.
5. Serve with paratha or roti.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)