Paneer Tikka Masala is a simple and aromatic dish. Marinated barbeque paneer with tasty tomatoes gravy is the best combination. It can be served as a side dish and also main course. A must try variety!
1 block of paneer/cottage cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp oil
3 medium size tomatoes
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
Pinch of asafoetida/hing
2 bay leaves/tej patta
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
1/4 tsp turmeric/haldi
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro/coriander/dhaniya
1/4 tsp garam masala
- Slice the paneer in about 1/8 inch thick and about in one inch squares.
- Mix ginger, salt, pepper, coriander, and yogurt with sliced paneer in a bowl, cover it and let the mixture marinate for at least an hour or upto 12 hours.
- Blend tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in flat frying pan on medium heat, next put the marinated paneer in frying pan and gently stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes until paneer becomes light brown.
- For gravy, add 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, when oil is ready add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add blended tomato, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, sugar, and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the corn flour mixture and stir for few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Then add in it paneer and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Finally add cilantro and garam masala stir slowly and cover the pan for few minutes.