Aloo ki subji is a very popular dish in India. This is cooked in various style and methods. I love adding sesame seeds to this recipe as they are very rich in omega-6 fatty acids and adds right amount of crunchiness to the dish. I served it with puri.When I was a kid this was my favourite Tiffin snack. So lets begin!..
- Big sized Potatoes or Aloo – 2 (cut in cubes)
- Green Chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera)- 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds (Til) – 2tsp
- Curry Leaves – 7-8
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp or Dry Mango Powder/Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves or Cilantro
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard and Cumin seeds. Once the seeds splutter add Curry Leaves and Green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Now add chopped potatoes and sesame seeds.
- Then add Salt and turmeric powder. Cover it with a lid on medium flame.
- Once the potatoes are soft add lime juice or Dry Mango Powder/Amchur Powder
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and green chilies