Will there be a cake? Cake in a party? oh I will surely come! A party or a social gathering without the cake is just a meeting. If you share the same passion for cakes then this naughty quote will surely bring a smile to your face-I eat cake because it's somebody's birthday somewhere" Hahaha!
Cake is happiness, pure blissful experience and an answer to all the questions.
Now imagine something better, like you bought a dress and someone gave you a matching scarf for free. Or you went to a restaurant and you get 50% off on the food bill. Or you thought your husband will forget your birthday but instead he gifted you something really precious. Yup!....all these situations will be ‘’Icing on the cake’’
Cake without icing is not so cool. Any cake without icing is like eating sweet bread (yeah but softer and fluffier). That’s why when you get something free or unexpected you express with the saying it was like ‘icing on the cake’.
Love and romance goes together or completes each other; so Icing is the romance and cake is the love- let them go hand in hand. Here are some icing/frosting recipes for any kinds of cake or cupcakes.
- Butter cream icing: - the very famous and the easiest option ever. Great if you are a newbie in baking as it is rather simple to ice cakes with this icing.
- Fresh cream icing: - My favorite one. Any cake taste better with fresh cream on top, goes well with fruity cakes or plain sponge cakes.
- Chocolate frosting: - Treat for chocolate lovers. Dark rich and smooth-a must try recipe.
- Healthy Chocolate Ganache: - If you are watching your weight then you have to consider this. No cream and butter and yet very chocolaty, velvety and royal.
- Mango Mousse: - Uses mango pulp in the recipe (canned ones too) so it’s like reminding you of summers throughout the year. Very refreshing and an interesting icing for your bakes.
- Chocolate mousse: - An elaborated and grand affair, but very delicious, royal and rich. Surely a crowd pleaser!
- White chocolate glaze:- A simple syrup made with white chocolate. Goes well with tangy cakes like orange or lemon.
And wish you all a very Happy Halloween:) Enjoy:)