Raita can add such a special touch to any Indian meal. This is particularly true when the meal is rich and or spicy. There are many variations to make Raita; for today, I am keeping it to something that's very simple and straightforward to make.
- 2 cups thick plain Yogurt (I used fat free Greek yogurt)
- 4 grated Carrots
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp roasted Cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Chilli powder/ground pepper for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Whisk yogurt with sugar very well and make sure that they are no lumps.
- Mix in it cumin powder, salt and chilli powder.
- Finally add in grated carrots. Mix well. Simple isn't it???
Serve with rice or any bread.