So here it is- The classic combo- Orange Chocolate Cake. Some days before I tried a new variation with orange flavor, I made Coffee Orange Cake and some people liked it where as some requested for chocolate orange cake recipe.I tried the eggless version of the same and I was very satisfied with result and posted it immediately. I quite relished the spongy textured Orange Chocolate Cupcake.
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 sugar
- ¼ honey
- 3/4 cup hot Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tbsp orange rind/grated orange peel
- tsp Baking Soda
- tsp Baking powder
- tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp orange essence (optional)
- 5 tbsp orange Juice
- 1tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 180C for 10 minutes
- Take bowl and put together honey,melted butter, milk, and sugar. Keep mixing till sugar dissolves.
- Sieve together all purpose flour,salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Slowly combine milk mixture with flour mixture. Mix till batter is smooth. Then mix in orange essence.
- Lastly add lemon juice and orange juice and give it a quick mix.
- Put the batter in 12 cupcake liners and Bake it for 25-30 minutes at 180C or till when toothpick inserted it comes out clean.
Notes:- This can be made into a cake also. Use 8inch round pan and the cake will turn out to b fine.
-To increase the orange flavour just add more orange rind.