Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lemon Bundt Cake


Am I still in summer thoughts or what? Well you can say so, I am missing summers and all the fall recipes on internet is making me crave for summer recipes even more. I can’t get over the beautiful sunshine yellow color. I get this rigid summer mood from the tree that I see from my bedroom. It is in adamant mood, when all trees have turned into skeleton this tree stays strong engulfing all its leaves. Nature, I tell you can be so inspiring.

So this lemon cake happened the other day in my kitchen .These days I have many people with whom I share my bakes- my friends in the building where I have shifted and my colleagues in office. Initially I used to bake only on special days as eating sweet bakes everyday made me and my husband gain weight. Now when I have many people to share it with I am sure many baking actions are going to happen. Can’t wait! Happy Dance!


This cake you guys! Lemon Cake. Lemon Bundt Cake. Bundt cake is a cake made in bundt shaped pan which gives it distinct ring shape. Check out One Bowl Chocolate Bundt Cake and also Coffee Whiskey Bundt Cake. This cake has everything that a good cake must have- its light, soft, fluffy, airy and so buttery. Tangy flavored cakes are my favorite, the tang from citrus fruits and sugar balances each other really well. I have made eggless orange cake and orange cupcakes as well. This is a full proof Lemon Cake recipe made with eggs, I have made 1 pound lemon cake recipe made in loaf pan in which I used yogurt (dahi).


Basically I believe that a good lemon cake must have good amount of lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Always use fresh lemon juice, don’t even think about bottled lemon juice, it’s such a waste. Next, make sure everything is in the room temperature; else the cake will not turn soft. Beat the eggs slowly on low speed; doing so will give you light airy cake. Finally when the cake is hot, pour lemon sugar syrup on it, this is optional but I really recommend it- just for extra zing and flavour. Yeah so that’s about it. Here is the recipe.


Ingredients:
For Cake
All Purpose Flour /Maida- 175 grams (1 and 1/3 cup )
Sugar - 175 grams (2/3 cup)
2 large eggs
Butter - 125 grams (2/3 cup)+ 2 tablespoon
Pinch of salt
Baking powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Milk - 1/4 cup
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For syrup
Juice of 1 and a half lemons
Icing sugar -100 grams 
2 tablespoons water



Method:
  1. Grease the bundt with 2 tespoons butter and keep aside.
  2. Preheat the oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
  3. Mix lemon juice and milk and keep aside.
  4. Sieve all purpose flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
  5. Beat butter and sugar on low speed till butter becomes light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat slowly on low speed.
  6. Add dry sieve ingredients and lemon zest. Also throw in lemon juice and milk mixture.
  7. Beat slowly on low speed till the batter is mixed properly without lumps.
  8. Pour the batter in the greased pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 180C. Insert the skewer or knife in the centre of the cake, it should come out clean.
  9. Cool on wire rack.
  10. Make the syrup-Mix water everything together and microwave for 10 seconds.
  11. When the cake in hot, prick some holes with skewer on the cake. Pour the syrup.
  12. Turn the cake on serving plate and serve.

Notes:
Do not grate the white part or lemon skin/peal, else it will get bitter.
You can use the same recipe for loaf pan too.
I love to have this cake plain so I can’t recommend any frosting, but feel free to dust some sugar.









12 comments:

  1. lovely flavors..love the texture of the cake too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks so moist and yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake look too good.Must be a treat for kids and adults .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake looks fabulous. The sheen and spring looks perfect. I can even see the minute sugar crystal clearly. Lovely post and beautiful lighting Shweta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture of the cake... looks so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have actually never ever made a bundt cake myself, but this lemon one definitely made me wanna bake some, looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss summer too - and this bundt is the perfect way to keep it alive! Your cake is gorgeous and so are your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cake, looks so delicious and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely texture... am sure the cake had tremendous flavour... I wish i could grab a piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemon bundt cake looks so fresh and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this makes me miss summer! Love the cake Shweta!

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)