Christmas and New Year is around the corner. Everywhere in London I see sparkling trees, snowy decorations and glowing lights- so jovial isn't it? Don’t you just enjoy witnessing the beautiful red- Santa caps, socks, jingle bells? I personally love red- the colour of passion, love and energy. So let’s follow the red trend in the blogging world as well and celebrate Christmas and New Year with red as themed colour this time.
Yes! all you have to do is cook with red ingredients’. Some of the examples of red food are apples, red lentils, pomegranate,strawberries, red onions, carrots, red chilies, cherries, beetroot, tomatoes etc etc. Yup! Put on your thinking caps and cook anything red. Here is the collection of my recipes which were cooked with red things- roasted tomato soup, red lentils tadka, chocolate strawberry cake, nutty carrot salad, red onion paratha, Spaghetti in Arrabiata Sauce .
Rules for the event-
- Cook with anything red. Red ingredient must be the main one and not just used in garnishing.
- Looking for fresh entries thus try out new recipes. So, no archived posts will be entertained. Your post has to between November 2013- Janruray 2014.
- Multiple entries are welcome and appreciated.
- The event has to be linked back as Cook With Red Event announced at Merry Tummy. (Compulsory)
- Usage of logo is optional but I would be happy if you could use it, as it helps spread word.
- You have to like Merry Tummy's Facebook Page and Follow Merry Tummy. (Compulsory)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Only after your first entry, share the event details at facebook page.(I want more people to know about the event). Keep your this post public in Facebook so that I can see it.(Compulsory- have to do only once)
- Please use the linky tool to link your recipes below. (Mention the name of the dish you make and not your name.)
- Else Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Cook With Red and with the following details:
- Your Name
- Recipe Name
- Blog Name
- Recipe URL (Please send the Recipe URL and not the blog URL)
- Pic of the recipe (If it is not on the blog)
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate. Just send me the recipe details with a click of the recipe to the above mentioned email.
Lucky Giveaway - Yes there is one giveaway. I will choose one lucky person through random.org. I will then ask the winner to choose from cookware, bakeware, cook books or kitchen accessories as prize. Once again, the giveaway is open for people who can give Indian address :) There will also be certificates for top contributor, best innovative recipe, best recipe, best click and participation award.
Surprise Giveaway- I am also keeping one surprise prize. Anyone who comes with beautiful decorated cake will get one special prize. So keep baking. (This is valid for my friends in the UK and India both)
Here is a glimpse of what I have send so far to the winners of the events.
|Cookware-Non Stick Frying Pan; Bakeware-Butterfly shaped 3 silicon cake moulds; Cookware- Branded pigeon cute small frying pan.|
You all lovely people have made my events- Cook With white and Cook with Yellow a mega success. I have seen some amazing recipes and spotted passionate bloggers-kudos to you. Again, thanks very much- means a lot.
Hope you all will like the theme. Red is in the air :-). Send in the tasty dishes ladies :)