Thursday, February 9, 2017

Ultimate Full Proof Best Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake




With Valentine’s Day coming soon I decided to make yet another chocolate cake in my kitchen. Those of you follow my blog would know that I am a chocolate person; give me anything with chocolate and I would eat it. For me it doesn’t matter whether its white, milk or dark- I love chocolate.

Like me if you are a chocolate fan then you must know how to bake a good chocolate sponge cake. I have already shared a recipe for the Ultimate Best Chocolate Cake (with eggs) before and today I share with you the Ultimate Full Proof Best Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe.





Many of you asked for an eggless chocolate cake recipe that is easy and is tried and tested, well then here it is.

When baking an eggless cake, always make sure that:
1.Ingredients are at room temperature.
2.Ingredients are measured properly. Please invest in measuring cups and spoons if you like to bake.
3.Pre-heat the oven for at least 20 minutes.
4.I know some of my friend who will use drinking chocolate instead of cocoa powder and then blame the recipe for a bad cake, please use unsweetened cocoa powder only.
5.Baking soda is not same as meetha soda or eno. Please use baking soda only.
6.Do not freak out if cake doesn’t rise much. Since the cake is eggless it will not rise a lot.
7.Eggless cakes aren’t as moist as the one with the eggs. I recommend using sugar syrup (equal parts of water and sugar mix) when you frost the cake. Sprinkle the syrup on the cake before frosting.

Rest with patience and practice you will understand your cake batter every time. Here is the recipe


Ingredients:
1 ½ cups all purpose flour/maida
3 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
1 cup condensed milk (also known as milkmaid in India)
¾ cup butter
1/4 sugar sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup water
¼ cup coke


Method:
Preheat the oven at 180C for 20 minutes.
Prepare the pan. I used 9 inch round pan. Grease the pan with butter.
In a bowl sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and butter for 2 minutes. Butter should become creamy and light in colour.
Mix in condensed milk and beat again for 4 minutes. Add vanilla essence and mix.
Keep adding 4 tablespoons of dry ingredients and mix. When the batter starts to get dry add 4 tablespoons of water. Keep doing it till the dry ingredients and water is finished.
Lastly add coke and mix the batter for 30 seconds.
Pour the batter in the pan. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick or knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool the cake on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Then take the pan out of the pan and let it cool on the wire rack completely.
Ice the cake with your favourite frosting or serve plain with tea or coffee.

Frosting:
There is a separate post on icings or frostings you can use on this cake. I just took 1 bar (100 grams) each of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Chopped into pieces and microwaved for 30 seconds. Later I threw in 2 tablespoons of butter and microwaves again for 12 seconds. Mix and let it cool. Frost on the cake directly or cut the cake into layers and then frost.

Final Touch:
I used white chocolate shavings and decorated on the frosted cake. Serve.


 More Valentine's Day recipes:



1 comment:

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)