Wheat flour -2 cups
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - add to taste (3/4 tsp)
Green peas -1 cup
Salt to taste
Green chillies - 2
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Red chilly powder - 2tsp
Coriander (dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Put flour in a bowl, put salt and oil then mix. Knead a soft dough using warm water.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil peas till they become a little soft, remove the water, grind peas into a coarse paste after they cool .
- Wash green chillies, break off their stems then finely chop them. Peel then grate ginger too.
- Add green chillies, ginger, red chilli powder, coriander powder and coriander leaves to the pea paste then mix properly.
- Place pan/tawa on gas and heat. Break off small lemon sized pieces from the dough, make them round. Put dry flour on 1 ball and roll it into a parantha(puri size), apply little oil to this puri, now put 1 1/2 tsp pea stuffing on it. Wrap up the parantha and close all open ends, place it between both palms and press gently to expand the parantha a bit.
- Coat with dry flour and roll it again into a parantha .
- Put rolled parantha on hot pan, apply oil on both sides, turn over time to time and cook till both sides turn brown.