Ok! I know I am very late to post this recipe because summers have already passed away. But I cannot wait for 6 months to post this recipe because this recipe is superb and tasty. Its Mango Pickle with Asafoetida/ Aam ka heeng ka achar. Please do try this next summers :) Its very healthy and improves digestion. Its no oil mango pickle
Ingredients:Raw mango (peeled and cut long thinly sliced)- 2 kg
Mustard oil - 6 tbsp
Hing (asafoetida) grind - 2 tablespoon
Turmeric powder - 2 tablespoon
Red chilli powder - 2 1/2 tablespoon
Mustard/sarso/rai- 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel seeds/saunf-1/2 teaspoonSalt - to taste
- Place the mango pieces, under the sun for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now mix well salt and turmeric powder and mango pieces.
- Take, a clean dry glass or plastic container, put the mango pieces in it, out if the sun"s heat is strong for 3 to 4 days.
- After 3 to 4 days, add red chilli powder and hing and mix well.
- Heat mustard oil, add saung and rai and let it crackle.Let it completely cool and add the mango pickle and mix.
- Hing mango pickle is ready, you can start eating it.