We Indians love chutneys-any type, anytime and with all most all kinds of food. This is tomatoes and garlic chutney which can be served with sandwiches, rotis, muthiya, cheela, pancakes, rice, khakhra etc etc (the list is endless :)). At my home chutney is always there ready in fridge because we enjoy it with all our meals. This is a quick chutney recipe; I hope you will relish it with your food like us!....
- 2 tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai/sarson)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic paste and cook till paste turns golden brown.
- Add the chilli powder, tomatoes and salt, mix well and saute for 10 minutes or till the oil leaves the sides and tomatoes are mashed and soft.
Serve hot or cold. You can use this chutney for a week.
Tip: Having a party at home and wanna have finger food? Buy chips packet from the market and serve them with chutney. New version of salsa and nachos is ready!.