Monday, December 22, 2014

Perfect Fresh Cream Frosting Recipe, Topped On Helen's Chocolate Cupcake Mix


Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!! No doubt I am in Christmas mood. Despite being an Indian, I know a lot about Christmas -all thanks to my Convent schooling. My friends here in the UK are shock when I sing Christmas carols like silent night, we three kings and tell them I know the story about shepherds, angels and Jesus birth. In our school back in India, we celebrated all the festivals be it Hindu’s Diwali or Muslim’s Eid, or Sikhs’ Baishaki or Christian’s Christmas. Come November and we would start practicing for Christmas skit showcasing Jesus birth and finally reading the prayer-our father, in heaven. You won’t believe but even after 10 years, I still remember this prayer by heart. Okay, I don’t know if I am making any sense or not, but Christmas right from childhood, is very exciting for me, no not for Santa or gifts but for the spirit or joy and happiness.

One of my friends (Indian catholic) has invited us over for Christmas dinner and just as a thank you and Christmas gift I wanted to bake some home goodies for her. I have so much to do right now, packing and shopping as I am flying to India on 1st Jan. I am in mood to slave myself in the kitchen beating sugar and butter, basically preparing the batter. Suddenly the Jesus miracle happened, I saw Helen’s Chocolate Cupcake Mix lying in the kitchen pantry and the joy of Christmas was back. If you remember the post on Hummus, you would know that I used Helen’s Bread Mix to make delicious bread that was a huge hit.


Helen’s cupcake mix was so easy to use and in 10 minutes I had perfectly baked, soft and gooey cupcakes ready. Like me if you are struggling for last minute Christmas recipes, edible gift ideas –look no further and try this cupcake mix. My friend and her kids love it and within minutes it was all finished. For interesting icing and frosting ideas for these cupcakes, see this post.

Fresh cream and chocolate is match made in heaven. Ideally I use heavy cream to make fresh cream icing but that takes lot of time and patience. To cut down the time on whole process I used whipping cream-all you need is a small tub of whipping cream and sugar, beat for literally one minute or so and the perfectly creamy and velvety icing is ready. This Whipped Cream Frosting makes the perfect whipped cream that will keep in the refrigerator several hours without separating. Use this on a Christmas night as an accompaniment to a slice of pie, a bowl of fresh fruit, or to garnish a pudding.


So here is how to make thick and creamy and oh so good Perfect Fresh Cream Frosting:

Ingredients:
300 ml whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 cup ice cubes
Method:
Take 2 bowls. Put ice cubes in one bowl and keep the second bowl on top of the ice bowl.
Mix sugar, whipping cream and vanilla essence. On a slow speed, beat the cream.
Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.

Notes:
Make sure to keep an eye on the cream, if you beat longer the fat will get separate.
You can use any sugar; however castor sugar works the best.
It is not so sweet recipe, so adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
Make sure to use ice cold (chilled) cream. Never keep out the cream at room temperature.
This frosting keeps well in the fridge for 1 week. Keep it tightly covered.

Serving suggestions:
Frost on cakes and cupcakes-indeed the best.
Goes well with warm brownies or Indian gulab jamuns.
Mix or top it up on milkshakes, cold coffee or hot cocoa.
Serve with chopped fruits and nuts.



Decoration ideas:

When in hurry, rose swirls works amazing. They look very festive and are very easy to do. You have to use Wilton 1M nozzle for this style. 
Use sprinkles, candies or simply dust cocoa powder.
You can also add colours of your choice to have coloured icing. As you can see, I added pink colour (just a little).

Disclaimer: I was not paid or told to write positive review. The post is based on my experience and is unbiased. Thanking Helens for sending Cupcake Mix for review.

6 comments:

  1. B E A U T I F U L...the post, the frosting, the cupcakes and the clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cupcakes look so pretty and perfect :) enjoy the hols and ur vacation. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous...... wanna grab these...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the creamy light texture,perfectly got it dear..yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tempting and what wonderful pics,wow great going, just not able to move my eyes from these creamy frosty cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)