Here I am back with another event. The event “Favorite Recipes” is very popular in the food blogging world. I will like to thank the talented blogger Swathi Iyer who blogs from Zesty South Indian Kitchen for allowing me to guest host the event on Merry Tummy.
For the theme I have chosen it to be Mela/Carniwal food. I am sure we all have been to some mela at least once in our life. When, we think of mela the beautiful memories of our childhood rushes back. A carnival is always so lively with balloons, beautiful tents, merry-go-round, fun rides and of course who can forget that tasty food.
This month you have to cook and post the recipes that we eat or are sold in the mela/carniwal. Some of the examples are ragda patties, moong ki daal kacheela, pav bhaji,tava pulav, chaat etc etc. I want you to post in only Indian recipes and not the dishes that are sold in an international carnival (hot dog, burgers, falafel etc are not allowed). However the ones with Indian twist are allowed, like indo-chinese noodles.
So ladies, put on your aprons and cook the mela food. I am sure that I will see some new and innovative recipes.
Rules for the event:
- You must cook and post the recipe on your blog pertaining to the theme Indian Mela Food.
- Looking for fresh entries and to try out new recipes. So, no archived posts will be entertained. Your post has to be in March 2013.
- Multiple entries are welcome and appreciated.
- Only Vegetarian recipes will be allowed. Eggs can be used for baking.
- The event has to be linked back as Favorite Recipes Event announced at Merry Tummy.
- Usage of logo is optional but I would be happy if you could use it, as it helps spread word.
- You have to like Merry Tummy's Facebook Page and Follow Merry Tummy.
- Please use the linky tool to link your recipes below. Mention the name of the dish you make and not your name.
- Else Send a mail to email@example.com with the subject line as Mela/Carniwal Food and with the following details:
- Your Name
- Recipe Name
- Blog Name
- Recipe URL (Please send the Recipe URL and not the blog URL)
- Pic of the recipe (If it is not on the blog)
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate. Just send me the recipe details with a click of the recipe to the above mentioned email.
Looking forward for some lovely recipes…:)