Pomegranate is the most beautiful fruit ever. Every time I see it, I get a lesson- create a life that is good on the inside, and not just the one that looks good on the outside. Outside it is rugged and tough, inside it is beautiful where every seed looks like pearl-fresh, sweet and alive. Other then this important lesson, pomegranates are also high in nutrients that give you glowing skin and healthy digestion. I know peeling it can be difficult and time consuming but that should not stop you from buying pomegranates. Need some motivation and proof, then see-
Benefits of pomegranates:
- Prevents heart disease-Antioxidants prevent free radical damage of the walls of arteries, thus preventing heart disease.
- Healthy digestion: Eating a pomegranate every day is a good way to add fibre to your daily diet. One pomegranate can fulfill about 45% of your daily recommended intake of fibre.
- Glowing skin: Polyphenolic compounds in pomegranates are powerful antioxidants that can delay the process of ageing. Therefore, eating pomegranate keeps your skin glowing and radiant for a long time.
- Dental health: Pomegranate juice can fight off dental plaque thus keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
How to include it your diet:
- Salads: - Mix with veggies or fruits. Have it in summer nutty salad, carrot salad or kachumber salad.
- Chutneys: The taste of pomegranate is tangy and sweet so go ahead and mix in chutneys.
- Yogurt: - Simple, add in yogurt with some chaat massala. Enjoy this healthy dip.
- Breakfast: - have it with oats, porridge. Have with milk with this most healthy granola recipe.
- Rice: - I sometimes just throw some pomegranate seeds in rice or pulav dishes.
- Juice: If nothing above impresses you, have the juice-simple. You can include the juice and make this summer cooler drink.
Hope you will now include more and more pomegranates in your diet.