Making healthy versions of fried food is something I always want and try for. My partner and I went to Burger King recently and we wanted to order potatoes wedges with our burgers; but knowing how oily and unhealthy they are, we did not. At the very same time I thought I will try healthier adaptation of potatoes wedges, one which is not fried and also tastes better. And yes guess what!!- Yesterday it was raining here, so I made BAKED POTATOE WEDGES. I used garlic and oregano to add in more flavours, and it was yummmm (hot and spicy)....Here it is!!....
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into wedges (do not peel)
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder (increase or decrease as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 and ½ tbsp of olive oil (any oil will do)
- Preheat oven at 250C for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and add garlic to it and set it to cool.
- In bowl add salt, oregano, pepper, red chilli and cooled oil.
- Mix in it potatoes and coat them very well with oil mixture.
- Take a baking tray and line it with silver foil.
- Lay on it potato wedges
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (keep checking it between)
- Bake till they are soft.
Tip:- They are healthy and perfect finger food
-Decrease the amount of red chilli and pepper to serve to kids.