I made Bajre Ki roti to pair with Gatte ki Subzi. Bajre ki roti is a popular Rajasthani cuisine. People in Rajasthan eat it with a piece of gur (jaggery) and it is liberally smeared with pure ghee. Women in Rajasthan use their hands to roll the dough to make thick roti; I find it difficult to make it by hands thus I add in some wheat flour so that I can use rolling pin. Do try and make it, I am sure you will love it.
Ingredients:Bajre Ka Aata (Millet Flour) - 1 cup
Gehun Ka Aata (Whole Wheat Flour) - 1/4 cup
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) - 1 tsp
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Add warm water little by little and mix it in a soft dough.
3. Pinch a lemon size ball from the dough, dust it with some bajra flour and roll it into a desired sized circle.
4. Now, put this rolled roti on a hot pan/tawa and cook on both sides till golden brown.
5. While cooking it add ghee on it.
6. Make the remaining rotis with left dough.
Serve with ghee on the top.