I like suji/semolina as an ingredient. There is so much that you can make with suji and curd mixture such as sandwiches,cheela, idli and yes of course Dhokla. Dhokla is a popular Gujarati dish which had many varieties like khaman dhokla, rice dholka, sandwich dholka etc. I like suji ka dhokla because its very light and healthy. And since it was raining; I could not stop myself to make it today.
- 1 cup Semolina (Suji)
- 2 Cup Curd (Dahi)
- 3/4th tbsp Soda
- Salt to taste.
- ½ tsp Black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 5-6 Green Chilli Slited
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds (Rai/ Sarso)
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
- Mix Suji and Curd and keep it for 1-2 hours.
- In a deep vessel keep some water for boiling. While this comes to a boil.
- Mix Ginger garlic paste, Salt, sugar, black pepper with curd-suji mixture. The batter should be of cake consistency, add water only if required.
- In the end add soda. Stir quickly and Place in a greased thali/plate.
- Steam around 10 minute.
- When done, let it cool. Cut into square pieces.
- Lastly heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Put the Dhoklas in the pan. Stir for 2-3 minutes till the tempering is well coated on the dhoklas.
Tip:-Add vegetables like onion, tomatoes, capsicum to make vegetable dhokla.
-Add some turmeric (haldi) to make yellow doklas