South Indian Flavoured Rice is a light rice delicacy, enriched with nutrients of curd and south Indian spices. This dish is simple with the infusion of spices like curry leaves and mustard seeds. The flavour intensifies with the use of curd and the thus the taste is great.
- Rice: 1 cup(cooked/leftover)
- Curd/Dahi- ½ cup
- Dry Red Chilli- 4
- Oil : 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder/Haldi : ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1-2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves : 5-6
- Asafoetida/ Hing- a pinch
- Grated Coconut: - 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds/Rai/Sarso: - 1 tsp.
- Clean, wash and soak rice in three cups of water for twenty minutes. Drain and cook in three cups of salted boiling water till done, taking care that the rice grains remain separate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder into curd and mix well.
- When seeds start to splutter add the curd mixture in it and mix for 2 minutes. Then add the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Garnish with coconut.