Paneer Bhurji is one of the easiest dishes; it can be prepared with very less efforts and time. Every time I make paneer bhurji I missed the crunch in it; so this time I added boiled corn and I was so totally satisfied with the taste. There is one more thing that I like about this recipe that is very versatile paneer recipe –one can add or delete any ingredients to this dish.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup boiled corn (makai)
- 2 cups paneer (cottage cheese), crumbled or grated
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Dilute red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in 1 tablespoon water and keep it ready.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add finely chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
- Then add chopped green chilli and mix.
- Add chopped tomato and fry well until thickens and gets soft.
- Add diluted spice mix and saute on a low heat for 2 – 3 minutes until it is well blended with tomato.
- Add crumbled or grated paneer, corn, capsicum and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well. Cover it with lid and let it cook for 5-8 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with bread or rice.