Gajar Methi Matar is my kitchen experiment; I made it when I had nothing else in my fridge but only carrots, fenugreek and peas. Methi/ Fenugreek bring very nice aroma and taste to this dish. Carrots and frozen peas are easily available throughout the year, so I make this dish very often.
- 2 carrots washed, peeled & cut into small pieces
- One large bowl peas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- ½ tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- ½ cup chopped methi (fenugreek)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder (amchur/khattai)
- Heat oil in the pan, add cumin and asafoetida and allow cumin to crackle.
- Then add in it chopped carrot, peas, fenugreek, salt and turmeric. Mix well and cover it with the lid
- When carrots are half done mix in it coriander powder, red chilli powder and water. Stir well.
- When carrots are soft add dry mango powder and mix. Its ready.
Serve hot with Fulkas.